How to make iced matcha green tea latte.
Want an iced matcha green tea latte, but don’t feel like going out?
This Matcha Iced Latte is creamy, refreshing and healthier than the popular Starbucks Matcha Latte.
It’s easy to make at home with your favorite matcha powder, just a touch of maple and vanilla syrup along with any plant-based milk.
Serve it in your favorite glass filled with ice cubes and some frothy whipped coconut cream and it’s even better than your favorite coffee place.
Related article: What is Matcha green tea latte good for?
What Is Matcha?
Matcha green tea is prepared with the whole leaf of green tea, which provides a greater amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
The plant is cultivated, protected from direct sunlight.
So it reduces the rate of photosynthesis and stimulates the production of chlorophyll and amino acids.
It is very common to find it in the form of a very ground powder and with a strong green color.
And it is necessary to beat it gently with water to consume it.
How to make iced matcha green tea latte.
This recipe is dairy-free, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and can be easily customized using your favorite paleo sweetener or low-carb keto of your choice.
Here the instructions step by step of a delicious iced matcha green tea latte recipe. Enjoy it.
- Ceremonial grade Matcha powder: we like Ippodo Tea, Jade Leaf or Maeda-en.
- Water: Be sure to use very hot water to dissolve phosphorus.
- Maple honey: use more or less to taste. You can also substitute with your favorite sticky liquid sweetener.
- Such as organic agave, date syrup, honey (if not vegan), Lakanto sugar-free.
- Vanilla extract: for an extra flavor.
- Milk or Cream: We like to use Malk Organics almond milk or Nut Pods dairy-free cream for our vegan frozen matcha latte.
- Ice cubes: you will need a handful.
- Prepare matcha: Add matcha powder in a bowl or cup.
- Pour hot water and, with a bamboo whisk, beat with a zig-zag movement back and forth or a “W” movement for about 30-40 seconds, until a loose paste is formed and the powder has completely dissolved and no remains remain.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Assemble: Add a large handful of ice to two glasses and divide the matcha evenly between the two glasses.
- Pour almond milk (frothy if desired) over the matcha.
- Serve and enjoy: Serve with whipped coconut cream, then sift through a pinch of cinnamon or matcha powder to give it some color.
- Stir to combine and enjoy.
Related article: 9 Matcha tea benefits you should be aware of.
What is Matcha Latte?
A matcha latte consists of matcha powder (finely ground leaves of some green tea plants), mixed with water and milk.
If the matcha powder is not sweetened, honey or syrup is often used.
The type and amount of milk used will vary depending on preferences
What is the taste of iced matcha green tea latte.?
Its characteristic green color and its unique earthy, nutty and sometimes bitter flavor distinguish it from the typical drinks of coffee shops.
The tea with which it is prepared, matcha, has been consumed for more than a thousand years.
How to improve the taste of Matcha tea?
That of putting the water to boil and at that time poured the envelope or empty the teaspoons are very bad because it burns.
The ideal is to let the water boil, remove from the heat for about 3 or 5 minutes and then infuse the tea to release its flavor.
What are the benefits of taking matcha?
Matcha helps maintain a healthy metabolism by lowering blood sugar levels.
And thanks to its contribution of antioxidants, it also reduces the levels of triglycerides, cholesterol and liver glucose content in diabetic patients.
Related article: Is Iced Tea Good for You? Updated.
How much iced matcha green tea latte can I take per day?
1 gram of matcha tea contains 35 mg of caffeine, so a 200 ml glass of matcha latte with a teaspoon full of matcha.
4 grams of matcha, which gives a fairly intense flavor would provide about 140 mg of caffeine.
That is caffeine similar to that of a cup of coffee of the same size, although in return.
It does not produce the nervousness that coffee causes because matcha contains L-theanine, which helps reduce stress.
How do you know if a matcha tea is of good quality?
Pure matcha tea is a very fine powder. Its texture should be very soft and fine, almost silky.
You can identify a poor quality matcha tea if you find larger pieces in the powder or if you feel it has a harder consistency.
Good quality matcha should be soluble in both hot and cold water
Related article: 6 Unique Tea Latte Plus Recipes.
Affiliate links are used in this post, which means I get a small commission from purchases made by you at no extra cost to you. Click here for the full disclaimer.