Matcha coconut milk latte stands out among teas because it comes from plants of the best quality and also its elaboration process is extremely careful to preserve its properties intact.
Matcha tea, when ground and dried is a concentrated food, very rich in catechins (powerful antiangiogenic molecules and therefore, anticancer) that in this recipe we dilute in coconut milk.
The Matcha catechins, restrain the action of free radicals, so it limits the aging process and many diseases.
It is loaded with flavonoids, some very beneficial vegetable that makes it a potent antioxidant.
Although we said that matcha tea is energized, it also has soothing properties, improves mood, and helps in concentration thanks to L-theanine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation and well-being.
Related article: How to make iced matcha green tea latte.
What Is Matcha?
Matcha green tea is prepared with the whole leaf of green tea, which provides a greater amount of nutrients and antioxidants.
The plant is cultivated, and protected from direct sunlight.
So it reduces the rate of photosynthesis and stimulates the production of chlorophyll and amino acids.
It is very common to find it in the form of a very ground powder and with a strong green color.
And it is necessary to beat it gently with water to consume it.
Related article: Is Matcha Healthier Hot or Cold?
How to make matcha coconut milk latte.
- 1 tablespoon sweetened coconut cream, cold
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered matcha tea
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup, or more to taste
- Serve cold
- Beat the coconut cream in a cold bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy and double its volume, from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Combine warm water and powdered green tea in a cup; beat until dissolved.
- Add the agave syrup.
- Incorporate soy milk. Place the whipped coconut cream on top.
- Calories: 147 calories
- Carbohydrates: 22.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Trans Fats: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Sugars: 19.5 g
Matcha Green Tea Smoothie with Coconut milk. (Bonus recipe)
- 2 sliced and frozen bananas.
- 1 glass of coconut milk.
- 30 grams of spinach.
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea.
- In the blender, place 3/4 parts of coconut milk, as well as frozen bananas, matcha tea, and spinach, previously washed and disinfected.
- Blend all the ingredients for a couple of minutes until they are integrated and if necessary, add the rest of the milk.
- The idea is that there is a very creamy smoothie, so you can add little by little the rest of the milk as you prefer.
- Check its flavor and if necessary, add a little sugar substitute or a little more banana if you want to avoid the use of sugar or have problems with its consumption. Serve and enjoy!
Matcha hot latte tea. (Bonus recipe)
- Try this delicious prepared drink that combines the healthy matcha and latte flavor.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Heat coconut milk and water separately.
- When boiling water mixes the matcha tablespoon and dissolves it very well.
- Then add the coconut milk to the matcha water to create foam and complement each other.
- You can sweeten it with honey.
Related article: 6 Distinctive Tea Lattes Plus Recipes.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE. This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission – at no extra charge to you- from any purchases made using them. For more info click here.
Thanks a million.
Disclaimer: This content, including advice, provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your doctor for more information. MYTEASHACK.COM does not claim responsibility for this information.