My #1 Chai tea homemade recipe.
Chai is synonymous with “tea” in much of South Asia and elsewhere in the world.
In the West, the word Chai is used to describe the “Masala chai”, a typical drink from the Indian subcontinent.
Masala, as it is known in India, is a mixture of black tea with cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, clove, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg.
While the ingredients may vary a little, the taste is still intense, fresh, and a little spicy.
Other potential ingredients include saffron, anise, paprika, almonds, pink petals, or licorice root.
Tea has become wild in the Assam region since ancient times and has historically been used for healing purposes.
Related article: How do Chai tea benefits you?
Chai tea ingredients.
Chai tea is composed of various elements, the basics are black tea, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove, black pepper, and nutmeg, then, depending on the place and who prepares it can be added other elements.
Mix a cellar infusion with a bit of milk or cream, along with a bit of sweetener, to experience its characteristic taste and flavor.
There are two versions of chai tea, the traditional version, and the Caribbean version as well as gourmet versions of Chai.
The traditional version of masala chai contains cinnamon, ginger, star anise, cardamom, clove and pepper, and black tea.
The other version has no anise or black pepper. It is made with green tea in place of black tea and is made with cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and almonds.
Identify the Chai blends you like best.
- Check that the spices you prepare the chai with are fresh.
- Whole milk is preferred for this type of tea, but if you can’t drink it, choose lactose-free milk.
- Use black tea instead of green tea and still use sugar.
- Finely grind the chai tea spices. If you have left the mixture, store it in glass containers in a cool and dark place.
- You will make a better tea if you mix powdered and herbal black tea.
My #1 Chai tea homemade Recipe.
- 1 tablespoon fennel or aniseed seeds
- 6 cardamom pods
- 12 ground cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
- Two sheets of laurel.
- 7 cups of water
- 2 tea bags of black tea (Darjeeling)
- 6 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1 cup of milk.
Stir together spices and laurel leaves.
Place in the 7 cups of water and heat for 5 minutes.
Then rest the mixture for 10 minutes (no more or the tea will sour).
Then add the Darjeeling tea leaves, heat until slightly released, then simmer over low heat and continue to heat for 5 minutes.
Pour in the sugar or honey and milk. Mix.
And enjoy it.
Frappe Chai Tea homemade recipe.
- 2 cups milk.
- 2 tablespoons, cardamom powder.
- A spoonful of cinnamon.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper.
- 2 teaspoons ginger.
- 4 g ground fennel.
- 2-ounce black tea.
- 2 cups of sweetened sugar.
- 1 tablespoon ground clove.
In a bowl, combine any spices and set them aside.
To boil the water, add the black tea and 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture; leave it to stand for 2 minutes outside the pan.
Place on heat and heat with milk and sugar until it boils. Allow cooling. Time puts it all in the mixer and incorporates a lot of ice.
Related article: What does caffeine free tea mean?
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may make a small commission for any purchases made using them. For more info click here.