What are the health benefits of peach tea?
The peach is the fruit of the peach tree, a tree of the rosacea family, and is a fruit native to China that has become one of the most cultivated in the world.
Its characteristic skin and color and its sweet taste with an acidic touch make it one of the most consumed fruits.
In addition, it has properties with beneficial effects on health.
From China, the peach tree spreads to Europe through the campaigns of Alexander the Great.
Who brought it from Persia, where it had arrived via the Silk Road.
For a long time, it was believed that he was a native of Persia, which was reflected in his botanical name: Prunus persica.
The consumption of this fruit tea is ideal to maintain a healthy and balanced diet since it has an important contribution of vitamin C, potassium, carotenoids, and coumarins (natural aromatic substances).
The peach has a reduced energy intake (41 kcal per 100 grams consumed, approximately) as it is composed mainly of water (89%) and contains a lower amount of carbohydrates (9g per 100g consumed).
Related article: Best green teas for weight loss-2022.
What are the health benefits of peach tea.
Peach tea is a refreshing tea that can be taken cold or hot.
Soft on the palate, it has the sweet taste of peach with its fruity aromas.
It is a stimulating drink that offers multiple benefits for the body.
Its richness in fiber and potassium and its low sodium content is proven to help control blood pressure.
In addition, fiber will help regulate blood cholesterol by decreasing the absorption of dietary cholesterol and reducing the formation of endogenous cholesterol.
The antioxidant properties of this fruit help prevent certain diseases and strengthen the immune system.
In the case of beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin are critical to eye health, improving visual acuity and reducing macular degeneration.
Related article: Why are fruit teas good for you?
In this way, in summary, the most important health benefits of peach tea are the following:
- Heart. Helps prevent heart disease: improves blood circulation, lowers cholesterol level, and lowers blood pressure.
- Dental. The presence of a small amount of fluoride in its composition makes it a protector of tooth enamel and prevents the appearance of cavities as well as bad breath.
- Cancer. Contains flavonoids: antioxidants with cell protective qualities, which help inhibit the growth of cancer cells by slowing their expansion and decreasing the risk of the appearance of new ones.
- Cholesterol. Its components promote blood circulation and dilation of blood vessels. They have the properties of reducing the formation of thrombi and effectively fighting against the accumulation of fats in the blood.
- Stimulant. It acts as a stimulant thanks to its properties. Does works particularly well to overcome a low mood and helps in intense physical exertion. It is excellent for combating migraine, drowsiness, and mental fatigue thanks to theine.
- Slimming. It is a good ally for fluid retention and helps eliminate accumulated toxins thanks to its diuretic and purifying virtues. It is a suitable supplement in a diet to lose weight.
- Aging. It contains polyphenols – antioxidants, whose properties help fight against the effects of aging. They neutralize the oxidation process that affects the cells of the body.
- Rich in vitamins. It is a drink rich in vitamins that promote the correct physiological functioning of the body and mind.
- Fertility. Its formula includes organic ingredients that help improve the conditions of the reproductive system and therefore, can increase the chances of conceiving
- Hypertension. It is a good ally to maintain healthy blood vessels as well as avoid high blood pressure.
Values per 100 grams.
- Energy value 39 Kcal
- Protein 0,91 g
- Fat 0,25 g
- Carbohydrates9, 5 g
- Fiber 1.5 g
- Potassium 190 mg
- Magnesium 9 mg
- Phosphorus 20 mg
- Calcium 6
- Vitamin A, 16 mg
- Vitamin C, 6.6 mcg
- Folate 4 mcg
- Vitamin E, 0.7 mg
- Vitamin K, 2.6 mcg
- Folate 4 mcg
Related article: The health benefits of green tea.
How to make peach tea?
Peach and mint Iced tea.
10 minutes 8 Servings.
- Peach tea bags
- Mint leaves
- Prepare the tea with hot water following the instructions on the packaging.
- For this recipe, mine asked for one envelope of tea per cup of water, so I made 8 bags of tea for 8 cups of water.
- Let cool.
- Add the honey, two peaches, cut into wedges, a sliced lemon, and mint leaves.
- Leave a couple of hours in the fridge before serving with ice cubes.